Portchester held this year’s Secretary’s Cup. There were 16 teams competing, with representatives from 12 of the 21 Southern Counties clubs playing, plus most of the SCPA Executive Committee.
There were four leagues of four in the morning and knock-out in the afternoon, with consolages at both Main and Plate levels. There were some very close games (and some not so close!). The final between Fareham and Adur was a particularly closely fought game which could have gone either way right up to the final minutes, with Adur just pipping Fareham to the post.
The SCPA particularly thanked Portchester members for looking after everyone so well – the terrain was immaculate and even down to Andy Barron’s Scouts providing a large tent for shelter!
- Winners: Adur (Graham, Sandra & Grant)
- Runners-up: Fareham (Sue, Dave K & Carrie)
- Semi-finalists: Cobbetts (Chris, Ali & Graham)
- Semi-finalists: Handcross 1 (Tony K, Gerard & Tony C)
- Winners: Cobbwebs (Dave S, Paul L & Richard)
- Runners-up: Portchester (Trudy, Andy & Mike)
- Semi-finalists: Destroyers (Will, Mark D & Hilary)
- Semi-finalists: Renegades (Mark R, Dave L and Hassi)
- Winners: Clymping 2 (Michael, Greg, Diana)
- Runners-up: Oxshott 1 (Ann, John & Barry)
- Semi-finalists: Southampton City (Peter, Hilary & Jean)
- Semi-finalists: Oxshott 2 (Jean, Richard & Stuart)
- Winners: Muscliff (Chris, Sue & Perry)
- Runners-up: Clymping 1 (Keith R, Joy, Marilyn & Keith W)
- Semi-finalists: Handcross 2 (Jane, Brenda & David)
- Semi-finalists: Crondall (Roger, Carolyn and John W)